Friday, June 22, 2012

IMPROV!

Back when I was little I used to make friendship bracelets out of embroidery floss. Everytime I would go to the store I would pick out my favorite colors. Turquoise, Yellow, Hot Pink, and Red. Over the years this color combo was bumped from my 'Favroites' list, however as of late it's been making a come back.

 I was super excited when Erika told us the color combo for her blocks would be teal, yellow, and pink! I quickly searched through my stash and pulled a few scraps that matched the swatches she sent.

As with the other blocks, I had to throw in some of my own prints. See my little flamingo? I thought he would be a fun addition. I also used a pink 'urchin' strike-off that didn't make the final cut for the fabic collection but was a perfect match here.


This bee is SO FUN!  I have an absolute blast making the blocks each month. I can't wait to see what's up for next month!

HAPPY SEWING!

-Emily



Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Just realized I used NO solid white. I hope that's ok. Sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't realize it either till you said something! It's totally fine :) I'll do a bit of white sashing on one side or the other and it will fit perfectly! And holycrap. LOVE the flamingo! It's actually my dream animal. If I were choosing which animal to be it would be a flamingo. They are beautiful, graceful, and pink and one day I hope to have long skinny legs. THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  2. I love your blocks Emily!! That Flamingo is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazingly fun blocks! Great job! And the flamingo is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete