Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sinta's Starry Eyed Quilt Block

I just finished up on my
Starry Eyed Quilt Block 
last night.
  This was a fun one
and easy to make!
Thanks Sinta!
A great way to use up scraps,
and Starry Eyed has just been added to my to-do list
   I have never made a 
wonky star before
and found it to be a quite a freeing technique.
One of the things I love about being part of the Bees Knees is 
I am trying new things that I have always wanted to learn
but probably never would have taken the time for.
  The tutorial instructions
by Angela of Fussy Cut
 over on Moda Bake Shop 
were very clear, with great pictures that really helped.
  Love the fabric Sinta chose,

although it did remind me I need to get the laundry done:) 
*Sinta, I did not have enough fabric strips to complete the outer border
so I made an executive decision
and added in a few of my own Christmas scraps.
I hope that is OK.
Did anyone else run into this problem?
                                                                                          Nedra

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for making an executive decision on this. it was a good idea. I think I forgot to put one last strip in the envelopes. There was a lag time between preparing the project(then went out of town) and then sent them out... thinking I was finished. NO worries. Please follow Nedra's lead and add a scrap of your own... I would appreciate it! Thanks Nedra~ I'm so excited to get this block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that "issue" too - now that I've finally caught up and made the block. :) Like you, I added a couple of squares... in my case, I added a couple of squares from one of Aneela Hoey's Christmas collections.

    ReplyDelete