Sunday, February 7, 2016

April's String Block for January

I was so happy to get to do this block again! The string block is such an amazing way to bust through your stash and to work with April's fabric line it was fun to see all the bright colors come together. Makes me think of summer! I'm so ready for summer this year, are you? So, as I was putting this together I had fun playing with it and I wanted to center that floral to make a bigger splash! April I hope you like how it came together. I chose to keep the paper attached for you and chose a 1.5" stitch so I hope it tears easy for you.


April's question is: What quilt is on your bucket list!?!

Oh gosh..there are so many. Farmer Wive's Quilt has been on my bucket list for forever! So I'm trying to complete that. I'm going to have to add a string quilt so I can bust through some of my stash. I do want to attempt Sandy Klop's Merry Go Round for sure. I even want to attempt the Hazel Hedgehog, but I need to find the perfect fabric for that project. I'm in the middle of a Green Tea Bean by Jenny Kingwell and I may want to try Smitten by Lucy Kingwell. Let's just say there are a ton of patterns out there that are amazing.. these are just a few on my bucket list.

XOXO,

Shari

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love how different everybody's block looks!! I have got to try one of these now!

    ReplyDelete