Wednesday, September 11, 2019

It's September!!

Happy Fall Y'all! I hope you are all enjoying the cooler temperatures! I know I am... but I am wanting to cook and quilt! This beautiful fall weather makes me want to make homemade bread for my family and eat hearty meals! I'm going to share my favorite recipe of all time!!

Tri Tips with Gravy

3 T Olive Oil
3 cloves minced Garlic
2 lbs Tri Tip cut into large pieces (I have also used roast, pork loin, stew meat or any other cuts)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 10 oz can Beef Consomme or 1 1/2 C beef broth (if I use pork, I use chicken or pork bouillon)
1 can water
2 Bay Leaves
3/4 T dried Thyme leaves
3 T softened butter
3 T Flour

Heat oil and saute garlic in a cast iron dutch oven with a lid. Salt and pepper Tri Tip and brown meat. Pre-heat oven to 300. Pour broth over meat and add water, bay leaves and thyme. Cover and bake 2 hours until meat is fork tender. Mix flour in softened butter. Remove meat from pan. Stir flour mixture into drippings until thickened. Add a little water if needed to gravy. Stir meat into gravy and serve over mashed potatoes.



We make this all the time with all kinds of meat and it is delish!

In case you wanted to know a little about me... I am a stay at home mom of 3, married to my best friend and love of my life for the last 28 years (In November). Our kids range from 21 yr old son who is getting married soon, 15 yr old son who is learning to drive and a 10 yr old girl who is my sweet girl who likes the same things I do... except slime! I don't get that one! ;)
We love to travel with our camping trailer, hiking, playing board games (Settlers of Catan is our favorite!) and hang out together! We love football and food, which they go together perfectly! I love to cook, quilt and craft! My mom taught me how to make all the best comfort foods and I have been sewing since I could sit at the machine and touch the pedal!! She let me make anything I wanted and my favorite babysitting job was for an owner of a fabric store. She said I could earn money or fabric.... I chose the fabric!! Found some great treasures there! I have sewn

many wedding dresses, curtains for parade of homes, bags, clothes for work the next day, blessing clothes and I was a seamstress for a custom clothing business for 5 years so I learned a ton there!!

We have started our own family business called The Quilted Poppy where we make beautiful Barn Stars... you can find us on instagram@thequiltedpoppy and we all paint and build the stars together. It has been a fun adventure!!! Hoping to build it even more with this crazy crew of ours!!

Anyway... thanks for making my blocks this month! It is one of my own designs and I can't wait for it to all come together!




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome recipe! That does sound fantastic now that the days are getting cooler.

    ReplyDelete