Wednesday, July 31, 2019

the August block is on its way!



OK, here we go!  I have selected the "Great Granny"!  I chose my sisters last fabric line, "In the Meadow" (in the stores now) and used some of my stash to add to it!  Oh my these blocks are fun!  What started out as a throw blanket, is now becoming a queen size quilt. You just can't stop once you start these blocks.   I know that there are a million tutorials online and books...but sometimes I like to figure things out.  So, I cut my white blocks at 2.5x3 instead of 2.5x3.5.  Oops!  So when you trim, there will be a little jaggedness to the edges.  No worries, I will be sashing the blocks together.

I also sent you each a little something from my other hobby.  The bookmark cabochon was made by me.  It is out of Box Elder Burl, which is usually a bland blonde.  I then dye them to show off the figure and well, to make them colorful.  I figured you can use them to hold a place in your favorite quilting  book.

And now a word on shop safety!  While fussy cutting...well you know the rest!  Yes, I will have a month or so of healing!  Luckily the shearing was quick and clean and no blood on my fabric!
So please be careful!  I have included all the fabric you will need for the blocks and if you would use white thread that would be great!

Now, I want to take a poll...How many of you have had a wicked quilting accident?  Please no gory details. Just curious if my wood turning hobby (table saws, sharp lathe tools, wood flying at my head) is safer than my quilting hobby?  Your answers will determine if I need more insurance!
Happy sewing my Bee Sisters!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I’ve done the same as you!!! Rotary injuries hurt like crap. I’ve also cut myself with a knife. Oh and that time I cut on my hubby’s razor while we were on a family vacation. Note every time I pack he gets his own little pouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m also loving the granny blocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete