Friday, March 10, 2017

February Spotlight: Nedra

I had Nedra write a little something so we can get to know here more! Please enjoy learning about her!

Something people may not know about me: I work in the Quilt Industry wearing many hats.  I have a few friends who are Quilt Vendors, and travel with them here and there as they work Quilt Conventions. It gets me out of the house, and helps me to stay current on the latest trends. Most days (and nights) you will find me at my machine, nestled away in my Sewing Loft. I sew sample quilts for several Designers, helping them get ready for Market and also piece quilt tops and bind quilts for Customers.  

My 3 favorite Quilts I made in 2016

#1 Cardiff By The Sea: I’ve always wanted to make a 2 color Red and White Quilt and finally found the pattern that spoke to me.  The little 3 inch center stars were paper pieced, but the rest was traditionally pieced.


#2 Gingham Stars: I made this pattern by Sherri Falls for a Customer out of Spooky Delights Halloween fabric, and fell in love! Now I must make one for me!


#3 Geometric Sewing Machines.  It was so fun to make this Mini Quilt to go on my Sewing Loft Wall.  Pattern by Quiet Play, and I used Blueberry Park, my favorite fabric line in 2016


A favorite recipe:
I love being able to dump ingredients into a Crock Pot and walk away.  I often make this Butternut Squash Soup by Gimme Some Oven.  It’s healthy and made with only a few ingredients, and everyone who tastes it wants the recipe.  I alter the recipe slightly.  For the spices  I substitute a few teaspoons of Penzey’s Pasta Blend spices, plus some salt, and add the entire can of Coconut Milk because in my opinion everything is better with coconut milk J


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. So fun getting to know you more Nedra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to get to know everyone better! Beautiful quilts too!

    ReplyDelete