Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 January Bee Block

Hi Everyone! I'm so excited for this new year and a new start with our quilting bee in 2017! I know I'm a day late, but the blocks are going out in the mail tomorrow. And for those who are waiting for their blocks from me they are included in your package that's coming. Please forgive me!

I had a hard time choosing what I wanted, but then I saw on @acraftyfox_amanda's instagram feed of the quilt she did in Vintage Daydream using Vintage Quilt pattern by Camille. I then thought, what perfect pairing to use with my Wistful Winds fabric collection.

Photo by Amanda @acraftyfox on Instagram
This quilt is so beautiful as you can see! Here is preview from her book Simply Retro.

Photo taken by me!

She used grays and red's with a pop of white in the quilt she made for the book. I love how simple and darling the block showcases the fabrics.

Being mailed out on January 3rd!
I'm sending you each a fat quarter and I cut out the white background fabric already cut. You get to cut the fat quarters! The block instruction included in your packet. 

Bee Instructions!
What size quilt block do you want your bee partners to make? (Give finished and unfinished measurements, just to be sure.) Finished Block: 19 3/4" x 19 3/4" Unfinished Block: 20 1/4" x 20 1/4" (make sure to read about when trimming the block)
Can your partners use any of their own stash fabric to use in your quilt block? If so, are there any limitations? Use what I sent you! ;)
Is there a specific color of thread (white/off white) you want your partners to sew with? White or Off White
Do your partners have to use at least a little bit of every fabric you send or can your partners decide? Use what you cut and you can keep the rest.
Do you have a general theme or is it up to your partners to decide? Are there any specific themes that you do NOT want in your quilt block? Likes/dislikes? Certain Block, same for everyone!
Will you allow any embellishments on the quilt block (i.e. embroidery, raised items such as yo-yos or fabric origami)? No embellishments or extras.
Can you link us to any flickr or Pinterest photos that you would like us to use as inspiration for your quilt block? Picture shown above.
If your partners are super motivated and are able to make two blocks out of the fabric you send. Since it's a large block and I only sent fabric for one, that's all I need!

Question of the Month?
What is your favorite sewing notion and why?



Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I am excited for the coming year and all the fun, new blocks that we get to sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to being in the bee again! Your block will be fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just making sure you want us to trim the block for you?

    ReplyDelete