Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sinta's Dresdens


Sinta, I am so sorry to be this late with your blocks!  

What a fun quilt this is going to be!  
I really loved strip piecing, and getting two Dresdens from one sewn strip.  
 

 

A question for Sinta: I haven't made centers, since I wasn't exactly sure of what you wanted.  Did you want us to choose something from our own stash? 


I did have a bit of trouble with my blocks laying flat, they were a little cone shaped.  I think it's a sign that I need to work on accuracy- either with my scant 1/4" or cutting.  After pressing they flattened out better.

I am hoping it'll come out in the quilting.  I had to laugh at the advice from a good friend of mine... "She said as long as it's smaller that a "C" cup you'll be OK." 

I'm guessing a block that turns out bigger than a "C" cup it could be made into a bra.  Unfortunately not for me. 

Thank you Sinta!  Despite the little bit of trouble I had, I really enjoyed your blocks!  I can't wait to see the finished quilt. 

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hahah! Yeah, I don't know what a C cup is either. ;)

    Looks great Calli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are beautiful blocks. Makes me want to go right to my sewing room and try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for making the blocks! I am going to make hexagons for the centers of the blocks... I didn't want you to be overtaxed with my project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blocks! I sure wish I could join y'all! You do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete