Monday, January 14, 2013

I Double Dipped

Here I am!
I have resurfaced!
I am so sorry to be such a bad bee!
It is my New Year's resolution to get it together and catch up on 
my blocks!
Especially since  on Monday's I host a Block of the Month Rehab
on my blog.
So, I kind of double dip when I can show my Bee blocks!


I thought after making the renegade blocks using 
"free form" (which was ironically stressful for me). that
this paper pieced block would be nice and easy...
but it wasn't so.
I stressed over each and every seam... and it took me 
forever to make. But... whining aside, it is a beautiful block
and I can't wait to see all of them together,

I am so glad that I am a part of this group... it gives me a way to stretch and
grow as a quilter.
But, non-the-less, I was happy to get Trish's block
and make up a simple and sweet little block...

I had to go ahead and make another, especially since I had some of the
same fabrics in my stash. 
I had emailed back and forth with Nedra and she clarified that Trish
had wanted a Churn Dash block style, which is the same as
the block photo she provided...

just different fabric placement.
I also just used a solid white background fabric for the half
square triangles... because I didn't want the block to 
look too busy and the directional print would have been all wonky I thought.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. love the old churn dash and the fabric placement adds another more modern dimension to the block - totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!!
    I love the two blocks.
    Thank you so much for
    making a second. :o)
    Trish xo

    ReplyDelete