Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Catch Up






Hi Friends,  I've had a lot of catch up to do! 

I finished the block for Emily a few days ago.  I never thought paper piecing could be fun, but this block was!  I really enjoyed putting it together.  And I loved the navy blue fabrics.  Emily's finished quilt is going to be amazing. 




 I finished my string block for Amy before December.  But I didn't get it in the mail and then  December hit... and I was busy making cookies, cookies and more cookies for my family business.  

I really loved making this string block and I'm sure I'll make a whole quilt sometime in the future.  



And last but not least, I finished the block for April, also before December.

This was the most challenging block so far for me.  I think I'm too frugal to be really good at paper piecing.  And I stressed about the seams matching up... and which way to press them (I mostly pressed them open to reduce the bulk). 

But I am so glad I had the opportunity to make this gorgeous block.  I learned so much making it, which is the very reason I was excited to join this bee.  Thank you April for challenging me!  It's a truly stunning block... and one I would repeat making... if just for a pillow maybe. 

Promise honest, I'm off to the post office today! 

Cheers,
Calli 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment