Tuesday, February 28, 2017

March 2017 - Bring on the Bees!

    It was hard to decided what I wanted to do this year for my Bee Block.  Until I remembered my small stash of Bee Happy fat quarters from Henry Glass that I purchased a few years back.  You know the problem, you wander in a fabric store, see something adorable and without a project you purchase just a few fats. Then if you are like me you put it on your shelves, looking at it once in a while, wondering what you are going to do with that small amount of fabric.

Then it hit...why not use my Bee Happy for my Bee Block!

    So, I decided to keep it simple with a disappearing 9-patch!  I am actually really excited for this, not only am I going to use this adorable stash, I will be getting a large quilt! Instructions are included with the fabric.

So this is what the block will end up looking like,

but I am most excited about the end result...so I thought I would show you what I am going to do with them once the blocks come back! Since I had barely, and I do mean barely enough patterned fabric for 12 blocks I decided to create a little applique block for the center.


So here are all the details...
What size quilt block do you want your bee partners to make?
Unfinished size 14 3/4" x 14 3/4"  

Can your partners use any of their own stash fabric to use in your quilt block?
 I have sent you all that you need. And I only need one block...hopefully quick and easy!

Is there a specific color of thread (white/off white) you want your partners to sew with?
 White is great!

Will you allow any embellishments on the quilt block ? 
No embellishments needed. Keeping it simple!

Any link for your inspiration?
Sorry, I have just seen a lot of disappearing 9-patch blocks and was playing with them in Photoshop! I ended up placing them in a trellis and loved the almost Vegas 60's feel.   

and now for my question!! ? !!

Do you have a name or favorite item in your sewing / craft room? If so, please share it with us and / or explain what it is or where the name came from. And since I am a visual person...if you can, 
share pictures!

My name for my room is Egypt!  I have always loved Egyptian art, movies, and history!  So, I decorated my space with some of these things.  I love it too when my husband asks if I am spending my weekend in Egypt...the answer is always yes! I will share a picture later this month.

So here it is...My Bees Blocks are flying to you through the mail as we speak!  Have a great beginning to Spring...
here in Idaho we are so ready!!!




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I love how this all came together and can't wait to make it all happen!

      Delete
  2. This will be fun to see it all come together! :)

    ReplyDelete