Monday, August 1, 2016

August Quilt for Kim Walus

In 2014 Moda came out with their version of an ABC quilt called Spell It With Fabric. I printed off every letter and every number for future reference when i was ready to make a quilt. I've always loved every quilt I've seen and can't believe that it's been two years already. With all of the moving we've done over the last few years I'm not surprised that I have so many unfinished projects. My goal is to "JUST KEEP SEWING" and eventually I will catch up.


This is my inspiration for the quilt I chose for August!
I also loved the ABC Blocks we made last year! I'm sorry I failed to remember whose month that was but you inspired me to do it this year!

Link to Samantha Lee Olsen's Quilt Post on Moda's Bakeshop
Photo credit: Samantha Lee Olsen.
If you don't have all of the letters you can go to
the Moda Fabric Spell it with Fabric Pinterest Page. 

Information on the Spell it with Fabric Blog Hop done in 2014


You can copy and paste this link and change the "Letter A" to the letter that you want to print.

Bee Block Questionnaire

What size quilt block do you want your bee partners to make? You just need to make each block assigned according to the enclosed patterns
Can your partners use any of their own stash fabric to use in your quilt block? I've included the necessary fabric that will be used for each block.

Is there a specific color of thread (white/off white) you want your partners to sew with? Any color will work.
Do your partners have to use at least a little bit of every fabric you send or can your partners decide? The fabric will be cut out for the 2 letters you will have so just use that fabric.
Do you have a general theme or is it up to your partners to decide? Are there any specific themes that you do NOT want in your quilt block? Likes/dislikes? Not applicable.
Will you allow any embellishments on the quilt block (i.e. embroidery, raised items such as yo-yos or fabric origami)? Not applicable.
Can you link us to any flickr or Pinterest photos that you would like us to use as inspiration for your quilt block? https://www.pinterest.com/modafabrics/spell-it-with-fabric/
If your partners are super motivated and are able to make two blocks out of the fabric you send would you like them to do that? Yes, PLEASE!! Thank you for your willingness to make two blocks if you have the time. I tried to pair one of the easier letters with one of the letters that had more pieces.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment