Saturday, March 15, 2014

Amy Smart March block

Hello friends! How did it get to be mid-March? Didn't we just have Christmas a couple of weeks ago? Well I wrote a really helpful and informative post about what to do with the fabric I sent out and then blogger freaked out and the post was gone. I was so tired that night I couldn't fathom the thought of redoing it that night. So here I am again!
Some of you may remember these blocks from last year! I LOVE how they look all together. This year I would like to add to these blocks, but with a little twist.
This quilt is the inspiration for what I'm looking for. And here are a few other pins for inspiration as well here, here, and here.

This time I am going to ask for your creativity again in making a 12" (12.5" unfinished) square block only this time out of multiple framed squares. This could mean sixteen 3" framed squares or nine 4" framed squares, or an 8" framed square in one corner with five 4" framed squares.

OR two 6" framed squares.

Please use a variety of widths of frames. All right angles - no "wonky" blocks. Real squares please.
Hopefully the fabric I sent will be enough, but feel free to add more from your own stash in the above colors if you want. Also include the white (Kona snow) in your blocks.  Send back any scraps you don't want, but you can keep them if there is something you like.

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Let me know if you have any other questions. And I'll answer them here.

xoxo!



Pin It!

1 comment: